Change pulse to tone--no switch on bottom

• brammell
  • Konu yazarı
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce #505 Yazan: brammell
Change pulse to tone--no switch on bottom, brammell tarafından oluşturuldu
I just got my FunkyFon today via Amazon. I already have an old-fashioned type phone which works great as long as it's set on tone, not pulse. This FunkyFon seems to be preset to pulse & I cannot dial out. There is no button on the bottom to switch it to tone, so how do I do that? Or do I need to return this one & ask for a replacement that is already set on tone?

Lütfen sohbete katılmak için Giriş yap ya da Hesap açın.

• admin
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce #506 Yazan: admin
admin tarafından Change pulse to tone--no switch on bottom konusunda yanıtlandı
The OPIS FunkyFon provides tone dial only (DTMF). So if you are unable to dial there must be a different cause. Maybe the following questions/suggestion can help to identify the problem:

1) Do you hear a free line signal, when you pick up the handset?
2) Does the phone ring when being called?
3) When being called and the handset is picked up, is there a connection?
4) If possible please test the phone at a different location (e.g. neighbors)

What phone system are you using, standard phone line or router? In case of the latter, is the router configured correctly and the phone plugged into the routers analog phone jack?

• brammell
  • Konu yazarı
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce #509 Yazan: brammell
brammell tarafından Change pulse to tone--no switch on bottom konusunda yanıtlandı
Yes to questions 1-3. #4--took it to my neighbors & plugged it directly into their modem (they have Spectrum Cable--we have ATT Uverse). Again, yes to #1-3, but cannot dial out there either. One of the many times I tried dialing out, I got the electronic voice that said "the number you dialed X-XXX-XXXX is no longer in service". The number it recited was NOT the number I dialed. My conclusion is that the dialer on the phone is not working properly. (By the way, I have a 1992 desk top Gotham phone that looks like a rotary dial but is actually push buttons--it still works great.) What should I do? Should I just return it to Amazon for a refund or request a replacement & hope the 2nd one they send me has a dialer that works properly? Thanks for your help! Elaine

• admin
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce #510 Yazan: admin
Thank you very much for trying it out!
Based on your findings, it does indeed appear that the rotary dial is not dialing correctly. Hence the "out of service" message. So the phone needs to be returned indeed. Thus please simply start the return process via Amazon. You may as well send a message to contact@opis-tech.com and we will provide you with a free return label (EU only). As soon as the return shipment can be tracked online we will send out the replacement phone. If you are located in the US please login to your Amazon account and simply follow the return process.
Another option is that we send you replacement rotary dial. If you are handy with a screwdriver it will take about 5 minutes to replace the rotary dial. This video shows the rotary dial exchange for a different OPIS phone but the procedure is the same:

Just let our customer service know what option suites you best.

• brammell
  • Konu yazarı
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce #511 Yazan: brammell
brammell tarafından Change pulse to tone--no switch on bottom konusunda yanıtlandı
I am very handy with a screwdriver (and all things mechanical) and I really like the option of replacing the rotary dial. Please send it to
Elaine Brammell (or Thomas--the Amazon account is under my husband's name)
3342 Bajo Ct
Carlsbad, CA 92009
760-753-1175
Thanks so much for your help & your speedy responses! I really love the phone so I'm crossing my fingers that the new rotary works! Could you please give me an approximation of when I can expect the part.

• admin
Daha fazla
2 yıl 9 ay önce - 2 yıl 9 ay önce #513 Yazan: admin
Sounds good. Lets do that. In order to send you the correct version rotary dial could you please provide me with a photo of the same upon removal of the logo cover (see picture attached). The question is whether your rotary shows the three screws (see green arrows) holding the number plate or else.
Please note that overseas shipments take about 2 weeks on average.
Thank you!
Ek dosyalar: