Opis 60S Retro Mobile

• malheap
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #489 by malheap
Opis 60S Retro Mobile was created by malheap
My phone does not have a dial tone All status lights are in order Am able to make call to the Opis but not one from the Opis as there is no dial tpne
Olease help me

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #490 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Opis 60S Retro Mobile
The problem you are seeing is very likely caused by rough handling (e.g. during shipping). Occasionally dropping or throwing packages may cause the receiver hook to stuck. Fortunately this is not a big problem. Generally our products are very stably designed and are easy to maintain and repair.
Please try the following:
1) startup the phone. When all lights are off (accept charger if you have it plugged) call the phone. Does it ring? If it does ring but you are unable to answer (no sound and the phone continues to ring) the problem is very likely caused by a stuck receiver hook.
2) Loosen the four screws at the bottom of the phone and flip it open. Immediately after lifting the housing from the bottom plate, you should hear a clicking noise caused by the receiver hook jumping back in place. Please do not worry about braking things.
3) Check if the receiver hooks can be moved freely now.
4) Possibly the spring moving the hooks has been displaced. Please have a look at the attached picture showing how it should look like.
Let me know if you need further assistance. When push comes to shove the phone needs to be returned for repair.
Attachments:

• malheap
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #491 by malheap
Replied by malheap on topic Opis 60S Retro Mobile
I have followed your instructions and taken off the base of the phone but cannot see anything obviously wrong
I can now get a dial tone but only after manually depressing the receiver buttons several times. I can then dial a number successfully
I do not want to cause any damage and think I should therefore return the unit either for repair or for replacement
Subject to your agreement please tell me how to do this and advise on how long before I receive a working unit

• admin
More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #492 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Opis 60S Retro Mobile
Please contact our customer support at support@opis-tech.com regarding the matter. Please make sure to include your order or invoice # or the full address details of the purchaser so we can locate your purchase in our system.
One last thing to check: Does it make a difference if the charger is connected while trying to place a call? Could be a weak battery.

Thank you!

• malheap
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #493 by malheap
The unit is fully charged as the battery status light is off. In anycase the unit is permanently plugged into the mains socket
I will now contact support using the details you have provided

• malheap
  • Topic Author
More
2 years 9 months ago #494 by malheap
I have contacted Opis customer support as you advised but have had no response
I need to get this sorted so please help me