Doro PhoneEasy 626 from Consumer Cellular

• Jennie
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #282 by Jennie
I would like to know if Opis 60 S Mobile would be compatible with Doro PhoneEasy 626 sold through Consumer Cellular. All I could find about SIM card was that it is MINI SIM or 2 FF card.
So is this enough information for you to advise me on this?
Thank you for checking on this.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• admin
More
6 years 9 months ago #283 by admin
Replied by admin on topic Doro PhoneEasy 626 from Consumer Cellular
When you say compatible in what sense do you mean?
The Opis 60s mobile uses a SIM card size mini. Also it requires a 2G network. It will work with any provider as long as there is a 2G network. I am not sure if that is what you are asking but let me know if not.

• Jennie
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 9 months ago #284 by Jennie
Replied by Jennie on topic Doro PhoneEasy 626 from Consumer Cellular
I'm trying to find out if my 95 yr old Dad's cell phones SIM card will work in the Opis 60 Mobile. The phone sounds great for him but if SIM card won't work in it, then I have to look further.
So far his cell provider hasn't been too knowledgeable about its SIM card.

• admin
More
6 years 9 months ago #285 by admin
Hello Jennie,

I have looked up the information on the Doro Phoneeasy 626, but unfortunately it is not conclusive. It may be that the card works, it may be that it doesn't. What is important is that the card is 2G compatible. This should be the case for the following operators:
T-Mobile, Cellular Abroad, CTExcel, Jaguar Mobile, KidsConnect, Liberty Wireless, LycaMobile, MetroPCS, Mobal, NTT DoCoMo USA, Simple Mobile, Ultra Mobile, Univision Mobile, UppWireless, US Mobile, UVA Mobile, Value Wireless, Walmart Family Mobile, ZIP SIM.
If your card is from a different operator, it may not work with the 60s mobile. In this case we would recommend getting a T-Mobile SIM.

Best regards,

• rohina
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #452 by rohina
Replied by rohina on topic Doro PhoneEasy 626 from Consumer Cellular
All I could find about SIM card was that it is MINI SIM or 2 FF card.
So is this enough information for you to advise me on this?
Your forum is a very awesome .. walmart family mobile login

• admin
More
3 years 1 month ago - 3 years 1 month ago #455 by admin
... looks like as if it could work. The offer mentions " First 2GB at high speed then 2G*"
So this assumes that there is a 2G network available. There is however this little comment "*" next to 2G which is no further elaborated. So long story short the information is not sufficient in order to be 100% sure.
It is really best to stop by a local network provider and ask the about 2G in your area. They will almost certainly say it is not available, but if you point them to the " First 2GB at high speed then 2G*" remark they should start thinking. The thing is that network providers are not interested in selling 2G and the 2G networks are gradually turned off in the US.